These injections can provide relief from pain for days or even years or, in some cases, permanently.
Before Facet Injection Treatment
Once you have decided to have the facet injection, the following events take place:
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight prior to your facet injection treatment.
- Discontinue all medications after midnight before your injection. If you are on routine medications for heart, blood pressure or diabetes, you can take your medication as usual the morning of your injection with a sip of water. Diabetics may eat.
- Tell the doctor if you are on Coumadin (blood thinner) because special arrangements will need to be made.
During Facet Injection Treatment
- You will be lying on a table in a procedure room.
- The skin in the area where the injection will be made will be cleaned.
- A local anesthetic will be used to numb the area of the injection.
- Fluoroscopy, a method used to make images, will be used as the physician passes the needle into the facet joint.
- A mixture of anesthetic and cortisone is injected into the facet joint(s).
- The injection procedure will take about 30 minutes.
After Facet Injection Treatment
- You will be in a recovery room for about 30 minutes.
- It is important that you have someone to drive you home.
- It is common to experience an increase in pain once the numbing medicine wears off.
- The steroid in this back pain treatment does not become effective for 24-36 hours.
- Activity should be restricted for the first 4-5 days after the facet injection treatment.
Downtown Pain Physicians
Patients visit this practice from all over NYC due to their unique approach and extensive medical offerings. This includes Queens, Manhattan, Staten Island, Brooklyn & Bronx. The medical practice is in the Downtown & Lower Manhattan area near the Lower East Side, Tribeca, Financial District, Downtown Brooklyn, Dumbo, Soho, Chelsea, East Village, Murray Hill, Brooklyn Heights, Williamsburg and the local zip codes of course (10038, 10007, 10022, 10005, 10006, 10280, 10004, 11201, 11251 11217, 11211, 11231 & 10013).
We provide a one-on-one experience, using state of the art equipment, and proven techniques that reduce pain quickly and enable a return to normal function. With our services, we aim to ensure complete well-being of patients with a holistic approach...... Read More
The information on this site is not intended, or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
9:00am – 7:00pm