Acute pain management is the medical specialty focused on treating pain regardless of the cause. These pain specialists are often called on when a painful condition does not respond to pain management treatments aiming to “fix” the problem. Some practitioners focus more on pharmacologic management, and others on more interventional treatments such as injections. The doctor will try to provide maximal pain control with the least potential side effects.
We use the latest technology to treat acute pain
My experience at this facility was honestly the most pleasant. After going through different doctors and chiropractors, Dr. Raval and his staff were able to get me back on my feet in just a few treatments. They’re very kind and easy to work with, I was able to make a last-minute visit with the doctor, and the hours were convenient. As a patient, I am fully satisfied with my experience at this office.
Sofia, who is always at the front desk, is so sweet and friendly! She always makes me feel welcomed at the office. Dr. Raval is also very kind and explains everything in layman’s terms, which is super helpful. Thanks so much, guys! 🙂
Read more reviews
What Does Acute Pain Management Involve?
- During the first visit with the pain management specialist, an evaluation will be performed.
- Based on those results, diagnostic tests may be ordered and/or medications or other treatments prescribed.
- Follow-up appointments will be scheduled to review the results of tests and to discuss the effectiveness and any side effects of the prescribed medications.
- Referral to a specialist may be made for evaluations or treatments including injections, chiropractic care, spinal cord stimulation, or a psychologist to help the patient deal with all the issues associated with chronic pain and its impact on everyday life.
- A team approach using a combination of these specialties is sometimes needed.
- Individuals react differently to medications. Several trial courses of medication may be needed to determine which one or combinations work best for each patient.
- Follow-up appointments will be made to continually monitor the patient’s condition, review and renew prescriptions, and perform blood tests and urinalysis to help identify potentially harmful side effects.
Do you have any questions about Acute Pain Management? Would you like to schedule an appointment with the best pain management doctors? Please contact our office for a consultation with our pain specialists located in Downtown Brooklyn or Lower Manhattan.
The information on this website is to provide general information. In no way does any of the information provided reflect definitive treatment advice. It is essential to consult a best-in-class pain management specialist in New York regarding ANY questions or issues. A thorough evaluation should ALWAYS be performed for an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. Be sure to call your pain doctor to schedule a consultation.
Dr. Raj Raval, M.D.
- Board Certified
- Interventional Pain & Musculoskeletal Medicine Specialist
Education & training
- SUNY Downstate PMR Residency
- Rutgers University Fellowship